If you are looking about the latest Information and trending vibes then you are at the right place. Today, the topic of my article is Psychology as a science of Human Intelligence. Human Intelligence is the capacity of logic. So, today i’ll tell you about it.
Psychology is a science of Human Intelligence
Psychology is basically derived from a Greek word which means study of soul and mind. Psychology comes from two Greek words i.e. Psychy and Logus. Psychy means knowledge and Logus means knowledge of yourself. So, today i am going to tell you about Psychology as a science of Human Intelligence.
It is derived from a Latin word which means to select or choose. The ability to solve problem and to adopt and learn various phenomena’s from different experiences is called intelligence.
Theories of Intelligence:
These 5 Psychologists give their theories of Intelligence.
- Binet and Simon:
- David Wechsler
Binet and Simon:
There is fundamental facility. This facility judgment hailing good sense, practical sense to judge well, to reason well. These are essential activities of intelligence.
According to him, Intelligence is a global capacity of an individual to act purposefully, to think rationally and to deal effectively with the environment.
Intelligent activity consists in grasping the essential in a situation and responding appropriately to them.
According to him, Intelligence is the ability to carry abstract thinking.
According to him, Intelligence is inherited.
Different Methods to Measure Intelligence:
Sir Francis Galton:
- He was the cousin of Charles Darwin.
- He conducted the first intelligence test in 1884.
Binet and Simon:
- They conducted the 2nd intelligence test in 1905 in which there are 30 questions.
In 1911, it is conducted through Europe and Asia.
In 1916, it is conducted in Stanford University.
According to him, mental age is grown after 16 years.
- A German psychologist William Stren gave the formula. The formula is given by:
- Q = M.A/C.A*100
- Here, M.A = Mental Age, C.A = Chronological Age.
- If the result is 75% then your I.Q level is below average, if 100% then Average and if 125% then above Average.
- WAIS (Wechsler Adult Intelligence System) I -> Vocabulary, Similarities, Arthmetics.
- For Adults Test II -> Digits, Check, Infirmation.
- III -> Comprehension, flow of words.
- Picture Completion Test
- Block Design
- Matrix Reasoning
- Picture Arrangement
- Object Assembling (Object Arrangement)
- Symbol Search (!,@,#,$,%,^,&).
It stands for Wechsler Intelligence System for Children.
This is the article about Psychology is a science of Human Intelligence. If you liked this article then do share this article. If you want more information about Psychology related things then you can also check other articles available at Mags PK.